As women, it often seems easy to find an identity, especially since we are continually surrounded with so many voices. The commercials, the TV shows, and even the churches tell us where and how to find “ourselves.” They make us believe that something or someone here on earth can and will define who we think we are.
Some women find identity in their marriage. Some find it in their children. Some find it in their actions or bank account, home, job, even in their successes and failures. Unfortunately, this identity isn’t based on Jesus who died on the cross, but on this sinful and spiteful world.
If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, your identity, like mine, is always defined and found in Him – and that means:
- You have been placed on earth for a specific, royal purpose
- You are completely forgiven
- You radiate God’s light and love wherever you go
- You have Royal Identity in Christ
- You have been bought with a price and you belong to God
- You are God’s treasured and precious daughter
- Your Father is a King – The King of all Kings! And that makes you a princess!
“You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.” Isaiah 62:3
Joyce Thrasher www.crazypastorswife.com